Saturday, January 06, 2007

THEY CALL IT THE BLUES!!


Churchlike and chilling, the Fat Bastards churned out a cantankerous version Saturday night of that classic blues song, "Stormy Monday."
A last-minute performance by Jeff and his pals Saturday night drew an overflow crowd.
We watched a flat-handed drummer, an incredibly touchy guitarist, an outlandish bass player and a usually grovelly Jeff tell us:
"Tuesdays are just as bad.
Wednesday's worse.
And Thursdays all so sad.
The eagle flies on Friday,
Saturday I go out to play.
Sunday I go to church,
Gonna kneel down and pray.
Though I'm tryin and tryin to find my baby,
Won't someone please send her home to me."

And when you hear a blues song that has the guts to better tear out your heart and stamp it hard back down your throat, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home